The Internet of Things (IoT) fulfills a promise of a more efficient and connected world. But with dozens of devices per household, battery management must become wireless and autonomous. This problem is now being solved through power harvesting, which enables a circuit to power itself from energy in the environment.
- Design a circuit to harvest enough power for IoT devices of the future and verify simulation results before committing to fabrication
- Explored the design space for optimum configuration using Keysight ADS Software
- Transformed the voltage to overcome the Schottky diode junction voltage using a high Q quartz crystal resonator
- Doubled the usable power
- Improved conversion efficiency from < 10 to 22.6%
- Verified a close match between simulation and measurement data
Click here power-harvesting-circuit for the case study and click here to read the complete article: “RF Energy Harvesting Design Using High Q Resonators“